The College of Pharmacy is considered one of the first colleges which established At King Saud University, its began studying in it in 1379 AH (1959 AD), two years after the establishment of King Saud University, at its first year the college designed a four-year study plan of bachelor’s degree through four departments: Pharmaceutics, pharmacology, drugs, and pharmaceutical chemistry. With the beginning of the first semester of 1399/1400 AH, the implementation of a new five-year study plan began, and the fifth department was established in the college, which is the Department of Clinical Pharmacy.
The college has consistently developed its study plan to keep along with the development in the field of the profession, believing that the pharmacy profession is not only limited to preparing and formulating medicine, but goes beyond it to an effective and direct contribution in caring for the patient. Modern courses that prepare the graduate to practice the profession in its advance form, including clinical pharmacy, clinical pharmacology, clinical biochemistry and pathology.
In the academic year 1402 AH (1982 AD), a study plan was developed to the master’s degree in the various specializations of the departments of the college, after many master’s degrees were awarded to male and female students, the departments have been developing their study plans for the master’s degree to keep pace with new developments in various disciplines, and a doctoral program was also established in a number of sections.
1- Master degree program
- Pharmacology MSc
- Pharmaceutical Chemistry MSc
- Pharmacology and Toxicology MSc
- Pharmaceutics MSc
- Clinical Pharmacy MSc
- Master of Quality Control in Pharmacy
2- Residency and fellowship programs
- General and specialist residency in clinical pharmacy
- Fellowship in Pharmacy Treatments and Outcomes
3- PhD programs
Postgraduate Programs General Admission Requirements:
Admission to postgraduate studies in the college is generally subject to the unified regulations for graduate studies in Saudi universities, it includes the following:
- Admission to postgraduate studies generally requires the following:
- The applicant must be a Saudi, or on an official postgraduate scholarship if he is a non-Saudi.
- The applicant must have obtained a university degree from a Saudi university or from another recognized university.
- The applicant should be good conduct and good behavior and medically fit
- The applicant should present two scientific recommendations from professors who previously taught him
- The applicant should present a reference approval for the study if he is an employee. In cases of extreme necessity, it is allowed to postpone the reference approval for the study until the start of his registration for the courses (supplementary or postgraduate studies).
- Full-time study for the PHD degree
The council of each university may add to these general conditions what it is necessary.
For admission to the master degree, the student must obtain very good grade at least at the undergraduate level, and the Council of the Deanship of Graduate Studies may accept those with a good grade. The student’s average is not less than (very good) in the majors courses for the bachelor’s degree. The Council of postgraduate Studies Deanship and based on the recommendation of the Department Council and the College council, may add other conditions it is necessary for admission.
For admission to the doctorate degree, it is required to obtain a very good grade at least at the master's degree if it is from a university that awards it with a grade. The Council of the Deanship of Graduate Studies, based on the recommendation of the Department Council and the College Council , may add other conditions it is necessary for admission.
The student may be accepted to study a master's or doctorate in another field of his major specialist based on the recommendation of the department and college councils and the approval of the Council of the Deanship of postgraduate Studies.
The department council may require to accept the student in the master’s or doctorate grades ,the passing of a number of supplementary courses from a previous stage in a period not exceeding three semesters, taking into account the following
- the supplementary course in the first time should be no less than "good' grade.".
- The student's GPA in the supplementary courses should not be less than "very good"
- Registration in the postgraduate studies program is only possible after passing the supplementary courses. The relevant department council may authorize registration in postgraduate courses if only one or two of the supplementary courses remain.
- The time period for passing the supplementary courses is not considered within the period specified for obtaining the degree
- The supplementary courses are not included in the calculation of the GPA for the postgraduate stage
To view the articles included in the list of articles related to postponement, deletion, withdrawal, interruption, cancellation and return of registration, additional opportunities, the system of exams and academic dissertations,you can visit the unified list for postgraduate studies in Saudi universities