- The Department of Pharmacology and Toxicology was established at the College of Pharmacy of King Saud University in 1379 AH with the establishment of the College of Pharmacy at the university. The Department of Pharmacology and Toxicology at King Saud University is the first pharmacology department in the Kingdom and one of the first departments in the region.
- Pharmacology is the science that is concerned with studying the pharmacokinetics and physiology of the drug on the body, to know its side effect, or benefit on the body, to determine the contraindications to its use and its interactions with other drugs. Toxicology is concerned with studying the toxic and harmful effects of chemicals in all their various forms on the body, as well as methods of prevention and treatment of the.
- The department offers two specialized programs to give two master's degrees in pharmacology and toxicology, and a PHD program in pharmacology and toxicology, which is the first program in this field at the Kingdom. After completing the academic courses, postgraduate students in the department complete their research in multiple and accurate fields of due to the presence of an amazing group of faculty members with great research and scientific experiences in the fields of cardiovascular diseases, neurological diseases, cancer diseases, diabetes, respiratory diseases, liver and kidney diseases, vaccines, serums, and chemistry fields Biology, microorganisms and others, where the members of the department aim to study drugs and their effect on the molecular level of the cell, Therefore, the main objective of providing these specialized programs is to qualify and prepare health team with a high level of training in the fields of pharmacology and toxicology to meet the needs of the market, as well as to supply pharmaceutical factories, and institutions in the Kingdom with master's and PHD program holders to contribute to the development of the pharmacy profession, development of research and drug field.
- The faculty members of the Department of Pharmacology and Toxicology constantly participate in the research of pharmaceutical sciences in all its fields and subspecialties, as the department includes members who have distinguished s at the level of the Kingdom and at the international level, and many faculty members received financial support for research from bodies inside and outside King Saud University And the scientific awards from the best universities and institutions at the local and international levels, and many faculty members have published hundreds of scientifically refereed papers at scientific journals in the fields of pharmacology and toxicology.
- The Department of Pharmacology and Toxicology seeks to support the vision and mission of the college and the university, which serves the Kingdom's 2030 vision by preparing, equipping and graduating highly qualified medical members to serve the country in various medical and research fields to raise its name highly.p>